[daip] forwarded message from Mark Reid

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Sep 23 12:22:45 EDT 2002

Mark,

I'll be a person (probably) who will add the new option to CLCOR.
I am sorry to inform you that I can not start doing that emmidiately,
because I am very busy with other activity. I hope to start it in three
- four weeks.

Right now I have found a time to infer more precise formulae for delay
at the given elevation (ZA) having had the vertical delay.

These formulae consider a model of the atmosphere: the homogenios belt
around the Earth with the belt thick equaled to the vertical delay.

The formulae are full precise in comparison with the aproximate 'cosec(el)'
for the plane model of the atmosphere.

My question is:
The actual model of the atmosphere can be more complicate than the homogenious
sphere belt around the Earth and can be variable in time.
Do you still belive that the sphere belt around the Earth describes the
atmosphere effect with enough accuracy?

Thanks

Leonia