[daip] CLCOR precession/nutation

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Sep 16 12:29:17 EDT 2002

Lincoln,

Craig Walker has returned back from the short vacation. So I had a chance to
ask him about the time for the aparent coordinates in SCHED.

His answer is: "the stop of the first scan"

The stop of the first scan of the observation, I choose accidentely
is very close to half day (11:57:21)

Inside of the CLCOR/FITLD the subroutine JULDAY(OBSDAT, JD) calculates the
JD for OBSDAT='20020811', JD = 2452497.5.
 At the JULDAY language, SCHED calculates the aparent coordinates
for the time which is 0.5day(stop of the first scan) later than the 'OBSDAT'

So JD =2452498.0

I reported in my previous message that the AIPS task JPRECS gives
the apparent coordinates which are in the good agreement with SCHED
(error <1mas), if the JD of SCHED is equal 2452498.0

Now I see that 2452498.0 is the right choice for JD (inside of CLCOR)
to compare with SCHED for the chosen observation.

The conclussion: JPRECS' apparent coordinates coincide with SCHEd's ones
with error <1mas.

Please pay attention that JPRECS takes care about abberatin and the relativic
bind of the ray because of the SUN (not only precession and nutation.

Leonia