[daip] Re: CLCOR position shifts (fwd)

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Sat Sep 7 23:31:40 EDT 2002

Andreas,

You have been right. There has been a problem, and I found it.

Both FITLD and CLCOR use the subroutine JPRECS to convert epoch coordinates
to apparent coordinates (in FITLD) and back in CLCOR.

I ran CLCOR with CLCORPRM =1.0e-8. This value is small enough to consider
that recalculation of the coordinates has to return back to the original
epoch coordinates. But I found that CLCOR gives a small difference
with the original epoch coordinates.

I found the reason:

JPRECS has one of the input parameters:
GR: If true correct apparent position for the general
    relativistic bending of light by the sun.

Of cource GR has to be identical in FITLD and CLCOR, but it is not true:

FITLD:   GR=.FALSE.
CLCOR:   GR=.TRUE.

I'll fix it on Monday.

Thank you for pointing out to the problem

Leonia