[daip] Re: CLCOR position shifts (fwd)

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Sep 4 11:21:00 EDT 2002

Andreas,

You wrote:

>The J2000 coordinates are the same in the SCHED output and the SU-Table.
>The apparent coordinates are different from the SU-Table.

I think this is the answer.

Can you edit your original SU table (ofcource copiing it before) by TABED
to get the apparent coordinates identical with SCHED output?

Now

Socorro correlator use only epoch coordintes. FITLD (in AIPS) calculates
the apparent coordinates and put them into SU table. Approximately  a year
ago, we found a mistake in FITLD's calculation of the apparent coordinates.

So if you FITLDed your data long time ago you could have a mistake in
the apparent coordinates at the SU table.

Leonia