[daip] Sun/Ultra AIPS under Linux

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon Oct 28 13:34:46 EST 2002

Edward Colbert writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I was wondering if you have an AIPS binary distrubution
 > for Linux running on Sun/Solaris machines, or if AIPS
 > has been compiled and tested in this setup.

We do not have such a configuration here so we cannot provide
binaries. With some care, I believe that install.pl will work to do an
installation on this configuration.  The care would be to make sure
that the LINUX architecture is selected, that the correct compiler is
selected, that the correct compiler options are specified, and finally
to modify $APLLINUX/ZDCHI2.FOR to set BYTFLP=0 rather than 3.  The
install.pl will allow you (menu 11) to take care of the compiler
business, but you will have to do the file editing before running
INSTEP2 and INSTEP4 (install.pl pauses which would allow another
window to be used for the edit).

Machines are so fast these days that installation is not the onerous
process it once was.