[daip] how to printout the closure phase in AIPS?

Z.-Q. Shen zshen at vsop.isas.ac.jp
Sat May 25 03:39:36 EDT 2002

Dear Amy and Leonia,

>SHOUV will print closure phases (OPTYPE='CLOS').  Is this what
>you want?

Thanks for the answers. Yes, SHOUV can do what I really want to do,
i.e., to view the closure phases. I suppose that the time averaging
option in SHOUV is done before the calculation of the closure phases,
i.e., the phase on each baseline is coherently averaged first and then
the averaged phases are used to form each closure phase, right?

>I do not see any calculation of the errors or scatters by UVAVG.
>At least UVPRT does not print anything like that.
>So your question is about how the rms of amplitude is calculated based
>on calculation of rms of real and imag parts.
>This a theoretical question and you can find the answer elsewhe for example
>at Method of experimental physics, v12-part C, Astrophysics, Radioastronomy
>p243, or Interferometry and Synthesis in Radio Astronomy, by thomson,
>Moran and Swenson p165.

As for the error bars, I see that CLPLT can plot them (DOEBAR=1). So, my
guess is that such a calculation of errors for both amplitude and phase must
be done somewhere in AIPS, but don't know where they are stored and how
we can get them.

Hope to hear from you again.

Best regards,
Zhiqiang