[daip] (no subject)

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Jun 28 16:54:01 EDT 2002

Franz Bauer writes:
 > Hi,
 >
 > I am getting the following messages after starting up my newly installed
 > version of aips (DEC02):
 >
 > AIPS 1: ZOPEN: FILE TSTMEM:MED000000;        NOT FOUND
 > AIPS 1: Previous session command-line history *not* recovered.
 > AIPS 1: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
 > AIPS 1: DISK PROBLEM   CODES:       2      0
 >
 > Could you please decode these messages for me? I cannot run any commands
 > succesfully from the command line prompt. What is wrong?

It appears that you did not run the FILAIP and POPSGN (final) portions
of the installation procedure.

abort aips

RUN FILAIP
35 -100
8 2
4                       - or the number of tape devices you might have

RUN POPSGN
0 POPSDAT TST

The former creates and initializes files, the latter fixes the POPS ME
file.