[daip] how to printout the closure phase in AIPS?

Z.-Q. Shen zshen at vsop.isas.ac.jp
Thu Jun 13 20:26:43 EDT 2002

Then, my question is how you estimate the error in case of closure phase.
It is simply the summation of the error of visibility phase on each of three
baselines, weighted by their previous weights. This is done after the
average of phase on each baseline over the averaging time. Is this exactly
what is done in AIPS before plotting closure phase with CLPLT?

Even though, a more general question is how you calculate the error or
scattering
in phase. We can do coherent and incoherent average. But I am not sure about
this in AIPS. In particular, in the CLPLT, it only asks for the input for the
averaging time. Incoherent average is simple. But in case of coherent average,
I do want to learn how this is done in AIPS for not only phase also amplitude.

-Zhiqiang