[daip] XAS display size

Lincoln Greenhill lincoln at play.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 9 16:01:31 EST 2002

Dear AIPS,

I would like have an XAS display that is large enough to display
a full 1024 x 1024 pixels, rather than the vertically truncated
window available by default.

If I have a monitor that support 1280x1152 pixels, what do I need to
change in AIPS to take advantage of the large monitor?  We have tried
to change the screen size with RUN SETPARM (option 31).   This had no
effect.

Do we instead need to change XAS.h and recompile?  If the answer is yes,
then I worry that other users served by the same AIPS server will suffer
from big XAS windows on their smaller screens.  Is there a way to
avoid this, or does everyone have to have one size of XAS window?

We are using a LINUX workstation and 31 DEC 01 AIPS.

Regards,

Lincoln

Lincoln J. Greenhill      Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
Radio & Geoastronomy Division, 60 Garden St, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Telephone:  1 617-495-7194             FAX:  1 617-495-7345
Internet:  greenhill at cfa.harvard.edu   http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~lincoln