[daip] Your "emergency"

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Jan 4 11:14:55 EST 2002

Your emergency is of course not ours but we do try to reply promptly.

It would be a great help if you sent short plain text messages rather
than obfuscating things enormously in encoded html!

I install regularly on MPI Bonn Germany's HP computers - so your
problems must be from a non-standard system in Nanjing.

The program DAIP is of no interest.  Go to $TST/$ARCH/INSTALL and edit
the file AIPPGM.LIS to put a minus sign (-) in front of DAIP.  Then
restart INSTEP4.  I was unaware that the XDR libraries are needed for
DAIP but they must normally be in the paths on all computers we
encounter until yours.

I do not understand the failure of make on XAS in 31DEC00 when it
works in 31DEC01.  We have not changed the Makefile at all.  The error
message you sent indicates that you defined the C compiler to be a
null string when running install.pl.  Presumably you did not do that
with 31DEC01.

BTW - 31DEC01 is mostly frozen at this point.  We may add or change
things depending on the rate of progress on the new MNJ for 31DEC02.