[daip] Problems with frequency IDs in VLBA observations

Alan Marscher marscher at buast0.bu.edu
Mon Feb 11 11:00:25 EST 2002

Hi,

Meri Stanley wrote that she referred a question from me to the
Designated AIP on Friday evening. Here is some more information:

We are running the 00DEC31 version of AIPS on a Sun Ultra clone,
Solaris 2.6.

The problem occurred also for our next data set, BM162B (June 2001).
This time, the mismatch between frequency ID and the frequency in
the .key file occurred over 3 hours and was unrelated to a change
in the day number.

Summary of the problem:

BM162A: Frequency 1 is 22 GHz, as it should be. Frequency 2 is listed
as 22 GHz but should be 43 GHz. The problem ends at 2400 UT, after
which frequency 3 data starts with the correct value of 43 GHz.

BM 162B: Same, but the appearance of 22 GHz as frequency 2 lasts for
3 hours and the sudden switch to the correct frequency 3 = 43 GHz
occurs at an apparently random time.

Thanks for looking into this and for letting us know how we can fix
the problem.

Cheers,
Al