[daip] MNJ CVS problems

Martin Hardcastle M.Hardcastle at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Feb 6 05:32:46 EST 2002

Hi folks,

Trying to get CVS MNJ to work for 31DEC02, I hit a small problem.
After running MAKE.MNJ (first doing touch $HOME/.cvspass since
otherwise CVS doesn't seem to create this file) .cvspass contains

/1 :pserver:anoncvs at mnj.aoc.nrao.edu:2401/home/aipssrc/cvs A

and when I run the do.daily script I get the following:

AIPSUPD - calling UPDCVS
UPDCVS - using cvs at  /usr/local/bin/cvs
UPDCVS - no :pserver:anoncvs at mnj.aoc.nrao.edu:/home/aipssrc/cvs in $HOME/.cvspass!
UPDCVS - a command like so:
UPDCVS - /usr/local/bin/cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at mnj.aoc.nrao.edu:/home/aipssrc/cvs login
UPDCVS - This should have been done by MAKE.MNJ.
AIPSUPD - UPDCVS failed, Status=1

It seems that the script doesn't expect to see the port number in the
entry in .cvspass. Possibly a CVS version issue? I am running a recent
version, 1.11.1p1.

I've worked round this by simply commenting out the lines in UPDCVS.
The update now seems to work, or at least not to report any errors.

Cheers,

Martin