[daip] Re: CVEL

Lorant Sjouwerman, NRAO lsjouwer at aoc.nrao.edu
Thu Dec 5 10:17:53 EST 2002

Jiyune

#No, that's not the case, it's a multi-sources file.
#I should have not mentioned about aparm specifically,
#it seems biasing my question.
#
#We could find a small amount (not looking odd) of line
#shift between input and output of CVEL with POSSM yesterday
#but nothing else better way to make sure CVEL went correctly
#so far. Any good idea to test this ?
#
#CVEL did shift but somehow didn't report on the AIPS_MSGSRV.

It will only report LARGE shifts, and this message you can supress with
aparm(8). For small shifts you should not expect anything in the message
window. You can see if it worked if the velocity that you have (entered)
in your SU table is the one you wanted if you use eg POSSM with aparm(7) 2.
The velocity on the horizontal axis on your reference pixel should be ok,
although the spectrum may only marginally differ from unshifted spectrum if
the shift is indeed small (less than your channel width).

Regards,

Loránt Sjouwerman - VLBA Scientific Services - lsjouwerman at aoc.nrao.edu