[daip] different bug in POSSM

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Aug 28 12:50:25 EDT 2002

Privet Deniska,

>I indicated: POSSM will not show any plots
>if stokes = 'lr' (stokes 'rl' works fine).

I tried POSSM with your data at my unix mashine.
It works!! for both STOKES='LR' and 'RL'
I doubt the result will be different for linux.

I used the following input parameters:

Leonia

AIPS 1: POSSM     Task to plot total and cross-power spectra.
AIPS 1: Adverbs     Values                 Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: USERID        0                    User number
AIPS 1: INNAME     'GABUZDA     '          Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'POSSM '                Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        2                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1: SOURCES    *all ' '                Source list
AIPS 1: QUAL         -1                    Source qualifier -1=>all
AIPS 1: CALCODE    '    '                  Calibrator code '    '=>all
AIPS 1: SELBAND      -1                    Bandwidth to select (kHz)
AIPS 1: SELFREQ      -1                    Frequency to select (MHz)
AIPS 1: FREQID       -1                    Freq. ID to select.
AIPS 1: UVRANG        0           0        UV range to be plotted
AIPS 1: TIMERANG      0          21        Time range to be plotted
AIPS 1:              55           0          21          57
AIPS 1:               0           0
AIPS 1: STOKES     'LR  '                  Stokes type(s) to select.
AIPS 1: BIF           1                    Lowest IF number 0=>all
AIPS 1: EIF           1                    Highest IF number 0=>all
AIPS 1: BCHAN         0                    Lowest channel number 0=>all
AIPS 1: ECHAN         0                    Highest channel number 0=>all
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray, 0=>1
AIPS 1: ANTENNAS      1        *rest 0     Antennas to select
AIPS 1: BASELINE      8        *rest 0     Baselines with ANTENNAS
AIPS 1: DOCALIB      -1                    If >0 calibrate data
AIPS 1:                                    = 2 calibrate weights
AIPS 1: GAINUSE       2                    CL (or SN) table to apply
AIPS 1: DOPOL        -1                    If >0 correct polarization.
AIPS 1: FLAGVER       0                    Flag table version
AIPS 1: DOBAND       -1                    If >0 apply bandpass cal.
AIPS 1:                                    Method used depends on value
AIPS 1:                                    of DOBAND (see HELP file).
AIPS 1: BPVER        -1                    Bandpass table version
AIPS 1: SMOOTH     *all 0                  Smoothing function. See
AIPS 1:                                    HELP SMOOTH for details.
AIPS 1: SHIFT         0           0        Position shift:
AIPS 1:                                    RA, Dec (arcsec)
AIPS 1:                                    0 => no shift
AIPS 1: APARM      *all 0                  Control information:
AIPS 1:                                    1: = 0 => scalar average
AIPS 1:                                       > 0 => vector average
AIPS 1:                                    2: = 0 => self-scale
AIPS 1:                                       > 0 => fixed scale
AIPS 1:                                        (use APARM(3-6))
AIPS 1:                                    3: min. amplitude
AIPS 1:                                    4: max. amplitude
AIPS 1:                                    5: min. phase (degrees)
AIPS 1:                                    6: max. phase
AIPS 1:                                    7: x-axis labelling
AIPS 1:                                       = 0 = > in channels.
AIPS 1:                                       = 1 = > in Hz (or secs
AIPS 1:                                           if corr. fn)
AIPS 1:                                       = 2 = > in m/s
AIPS 1:                                    8: = 0 => plot cross power
AIPS 1:                                       = 1 => plot total power
AIPS 1:                                       = 2 => plot BP table
AIPS 1:                                       = 3 => plot ACF
AIPS 1:                                       = 4 => plot XCF
AIPS 1:                                       = 5 => plot cross power of
AIPS 1:                                              individual antennas
AIPS 1:                                              for cross polaris.
AIPS 1:                                              (STOKES=RL, or LR)
AIPS 1:                                    9: > 0 => plot several IF's
AIPS 1:                                       and/or polarizations
AIPS 1:                                       together as though one
AIPS 1:                                       long spectrum (see HELP)
AIPS 1:                                    10: > 0 => reverse direction
AIPS 1:                                       of plotted spectrum, so
AIPS 1:                                       velocity increases to
AIPS 1:                                       right.
AIPS 1: CODETYPE   '    '                  'A&P ', 'AMP ', 'PHAS',
AIPS 1:                                    'R&I ', 'REAL', 'IMAG'
AIPS 1:                                    other => 'A&P '
AIPS 1: POLPLOT    '        '              Option to display various
AIPS 1:                                    combinations of polzns to
AIPS 1:                                    plot: 'RL/RR', 'RL/LL',
AIPS 1:                                    'LR/RR', 'LR/LL', 'RR/LL'
AIPS 1:                                    'LL/RR'; other = don't use
AIPS 1:                                    this option.
AIPS 1: SOLINT        0                    If SOLINT > 0 then it enables
AIPS 1:                                    the user to make multiple
AIPS 1:                                    plots per pass of POSSM.
AIPS 1:                                    It defines the averaging time
AIPS 1:                                    for each individual plot.
AIPS 1:                                    Task will start at TIMERANG
AIPS 1:                                    and make a plot for every
AIPS 1:                                    SOLINT minutes. If SOLINT
AIPS 1:                                    = -1 will do the same but
AIPS 1:                                    will do scan averages if NX
AIPS 1:                                    table is present.
AIPS 1: NPLOTS        1                    Number of plots per page
AIPS 1: BPARM      *all 0                  More control information:
AIPS 1:                                    1: If = 1 divide by 'channel
AIPS 1:                                       0' before plotting data.
AIPS 1:                                       0 => do not divide.
AIPS 1:                                    2: Start chn. of 'channel 0'
AIPS 1:                                       (0 => determined by POSSM)
AIPS 1:                                    3: Stop chn. of 'channel 0'
AIPS 1:                                       (0 => determined by POSSM)
AIPS 1:                                    4: ignore spectrum when ampl.
AIPS 1:                                       channel 0 < BPARM(4) Jy
AIPS 1:                                    5-9: unused
AIPS 1:                                    10: =1 => don't write header
AIPS 1:                                    info when writing to outfile
AIPS 1:                                    useful for appending several
AIPS 1:                                    spectra into a single outfile
AIPS 1:                                    [see EXPLAIN POSSM]
AIPS 1: OUTFILE    '                                                '
AIPS 1:                                    Filename in which to write
AIPS 1:                                    spectrum. Default = ' ' =
AIPS 1:                                    do not write spectrum. The
AIPS 1:                                    file is written only if
AIPS 1:                                    NPLOTS = 0
AIPS 1: LTYPE         3                    Type of labeling: 1 border,
AIPS 1:                                    2 no ticks, 3 - 6 standard,
AIPS 1:                                    7 - 10 only tick labels
AIPS 1:                                    <0 -> no date/time
AIPS 1: BADDISK    *all 0                  Disks to avoid for scratch
AIPS 1: DOTV         -1                    > 0 Do plot on the TV, else
AIPS 1:                                    make a plot file
AIPS 1: GRCHAN        2                    Graphics channel 0 => 1.