[daip] Re: System temperatures for GB (experiment BP100 on June 26)

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Tue Aug 13 13:18:42 EDT 2002

Dear Miguel et al,

In AIPS, it is possible to change the values in the CL
table by using CLCOR with OPCODE='GAIN' to correct
the Tcal values.  Then CLCORPRM(1) should be set equal to
either 3.0 or 1/3.0 to convert from Tcal=1.0 to Tcal=3.0.
The effect should be to increase Tsys, which will increase
the value that AIPS uses for the complex gain.  Therefore,
the correct value should be 3.0, but you should look carefully
(e.g., in a POSSM plot on a fringe finder) to make sure this
correction goes in the right direction.

Cheers,

Jim Ulvestad