[daip] data format error

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon Aug 12 10:34:53 EDT 2002

Bob Becker writes:
 > hi, on july 22 we got 10 hrs of FIRST data. about 10% of the
 > uv files
 > give the following error message
 >
 > UVPRM8: XYSCAL: AXIS 2 DEGENERATE
 > UVPRM8: SCAL: XYSCL ERROR  1
 >
 > any idea what causes this problem?
 >
 > bob becker

This data set (I think) was called to my attention multiple ways and
has caused me to make a modification to FILLM.  The on-line channel 0
summed to exactly zero due to correlator error or severe interference
(channels alternate + and - the same value) causing the channel 0 data
set to have fewer samples than the line data set.

I am unfamiliar with UVPRM and just looked at it.  Despite what the
help file (does not) say, all values in BPARM are significant.
BPARM(2) controls what is plotted on the Y axis.  The message says
that the max and min values in the selected data for that type of plot
are equal.

I suspect that there is a lot of editing that will have to be done on
these data.