[daip] BI 24 D data lost

Data Analysts analysts at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Aug 9 13:08:08 EDT 2002

Could the MSORT problem be a tape problem?
We are having the data redistributed.

Meri

Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:20:24 +0200
Subject: BI 24 D data lost
From: Hiroshi IMAI <imai at jive.nl>
To: <jbenson at cv3.cv.nrao.edu>

Dear Dr. John Benson, the technical contact person for BI 24,

I would like to ask again to send a FITS file soon.
I start the data reduction of the VLBA project BI024D.
However, I could not read a FITS file
(JOB number 4356, 590 Mbytes,
covering from 20h11m to 20h34m on 2001 December 20),
which is at the end of the DAT tape.

Recently I also find that AIPS MSORT does not work correctly for
the 2nd pass of the correlated data (JOB number 4340-4369).
MSORT has not finished after as long as THREE DAYS.
I think that not only 4356 but also  4340-4369 have some
problem. Will you check the quality of the data and
send all of them to me?

I am waiting for your kind help.

Best regards,

Hiroshi Imai

        *          Hiroshi IMAI, Ph.D.
 *             *   E-mail: imai at jive.nl
     European
*     VLBI      *  EVN Support Scientist
      Network       Joint Institute for VLBI in Europe (JIVE)
 *             *     Postbus 2, 7990 AA Dwingeloo, the Netherlands
   *         *       Tel: +31 521 596540 (Office) FAX: +31 521 597332
        *          URL: www.jive.nl/~imai

----- End Included Message -----

----- End Included Message -----