[daip] starting aips

Jörg-Uwe Pott pott at ph1.uni-koeln.de
Thu Aug 8 16:22:13 EDT 2002

hello,
i tried to install aips using the tar-ball and install.pl.
after instep1, all seems to have ended successfully.
But while starting the following  output occurs and noone of the required
*.EXE files is found. the .../LOAD directory is nearly empty. can you
estimate my failure and give me an advice?

many thanks
joerg-uwe pott

--
I.Physikalisches Institut der
Universitaet zu Koeln

the output after "starting" aips:

 /afs/ph1.uni-koeln.de/home/pott/AIPS/31DEC02/SYSTEM/UNIX/XASERVERS: .
/TVSERV.EXE: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: Using screen width height 1142 764, max grey level 255
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
zssslk connect (INET): Connection refused
XAS: Quitting NOW.
pott/AIPS> aips
START_AIPS: Your initial AIPS printer is the
START_AIPS:  - system name , AIPS type

START_AIPS: User data area assignments:
  (Using global default file
/afs/ph1.uni-koeln.de/home/pott/AIPS/DA00/DADEVS.LIST)
   Disk 1 (1) is /afs/ph1.uni-koeln.de/home/pott/AIPS/DATA/SCHNECKE_1

Tape assignments:
   Tape 1 is REMOTE
   Tape 2 is REMOTE

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called schnecke
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TV servers on schnecke asynchronously
TVDEVS.SH:  - with Internet Sockets...
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TPMON daemons on SCHNECKE asynchronously...
Can't find /afs/ph1.uni-koeln.de/home/pott/AIPS/31DEC02/LINUX/LOAD/ZSTRTA.EXE
pott/AIPS> STARTPMON: [SCHNECKE] The FITS area
(/afs/ph1.uni-koeln.de/home/pott/AIPS/FITS) is not a directory!
STARTPMON: [SCHNECKE] This area is needed by TPMON1 (for FITS disk access)
STARTPMON: [SCHNECKE] Will NOT start any TPMON daemons.
XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on schnecke
/afs/ph1.uni-koeln.de/home/pott/AIPS/31DEC02/SYSTEM/UNIX/XASERVERS:
./TVSERV.EXE: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
XASERVERS: Start XAS on schnecke, DISPLAY :0.0
XAS: ** TrueColor FOUND!!!
XAS: Using screen width height 1142 764, max grey level 255
XAS: ***  Using shared memory option for speed ***
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on schnecke, DISPLAY :0.0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on schnecke, DISPLAY :0.0