[daip] Re: Your AIPS Registration for 31DEC02

Yosi Gelfand jgelfand at cfa.harvard.edu
Tue Apr 30 18:01:13 EDT 2002

Two questions:
1) The registration key below doesn't appear to work. After I have entered
registration keys 1-6,
     Enter code (-1 for no change) for AIPS Version 31DEC02
842023749 [<- Entered by me]
 *** Registration failed!  UNREGISTERED status kept

2) When I try to run aips, I get this error message:
AIPS 3: ZOPEN: FILE DA01:TGD0B4000.1AO;      NOT FOUND
AIPS 3: YOU SEEM TO HAVE NO FILES OF TYPE TG VERSION  0 OPEN ERR      2
   $DA01 is set properly (I checked AIPSASSN.SH as well as echoed it).  I
looked in the $DA01 directory, and their appears to be a good number of
.1MP and .1MW files, e.g. TGD0B4000.1MP;, but fewer .1A0 files.  I'm using
a bash shell, and was wondering how I could generate these files.

Sorry for all the questions, thank you very much -- Yosi

On Mon, 29 Apr 2002, NRAO AIPS registration wrote:

> Please issue the following UNIX command
>
> 	RUN SETPAR
>
> on the ATAVISITIC system, and feed it the following data:
>
> 2
> 19
> 67634208
> 824182788
> 134746438
> 168297546
> 1360466183
> 1632919859
> 842023749
>

> It will then prompt you for AIPS System Name for that host;
> Enter whatever name you want at this point.  Remember the default
> AIPS Manager password is 'AMANAGER' (no quotes, uppercase)!
>
> If you have further questions, please refer to the documentation, to our
> web site at http://www.cv.nrao.edu/aips/ or if all else fails, send email
> to aipsmail at nrao.edu requesting assistance.
>
> [This message comes to you from a semi-automated program]

Listen to: 87.9 FM WBAR New York Barnard College Radio | http://www.wbar.org
********
    Where there's a Will, there is a way.
    P251b|Nietzsche>="What doesn't kill you makes you suffer"|Nietzsche>