[daip] Trouble with install.pl

Mike Cobb cobb at physics.semo.edu
Wed Apr 17 14:00:58 EDT 2002

Hi:

I decided to wipe my disk clean and install a newer version of AIPS.  I
have a SGI running IRIX 6.3.

I followed the advice on your web page but am having troubles with the
perl script.  When I run it I get the following.

astrophysics 1# perl ./install.pl
Syntax error in file ./install.pl at line 95, next 2 tokens "my $nargs "

Syntax error in file ./install.pl at line 100, next 2 tokens "dsay
"Askuser: resetting prompt to $prompt""
Syntax error in file ./install.pl at line 102, next 2 tokens "dsay
"Askuser: processing extra arguments""
Syntax error in file ./install.pl at line 109, next 2 tokens "my $result
"
Syntax error in file ./install.pl at line 116, next 2 tokens "my ("
Syntax error in file ./install.pl at line 146, next 2 tokens "chomp("
Syntax error in file ./install.pl at line 148, next 2 tokens "bailout("
Syntax error in file ./install.pl at line 155, next 2 tokens "dsay("
Syntax error in file ./install.pl at line 164, next 2 tokens "chomp("
Syntax error in file ./install.pl at line 165, next 2 tokens "uc("
./install.pl has too many errors.
astrophysics 2#

I expected to get further than this!!

Can you help?