[daip] Install Wiz perl breakage

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Wed Apr 17 11:05:33 EDT 2002

Shami Chatterjee writes:
 > Thanks, Eric.
 >
 > Below is my running list of trivial little things I'm finding in the
 > install wizard.
 >
 > 1) MAKE.MNJ:
 >
 > MAKE.MNJ - /home/space1/aips/do_daily.ella already exists
 > MAKE.MNJ - Your crontab appears to already has an entry:
 > # 15 3 * * 0,2,4,6  /home/space1/aips/do_daily.ella
 >
 > Uh oh, it picked up the old do_daily script and didn't notice that the
 > old MNJ had been commented out... now I'm stuck with an old do_daily
 > script, I think. (Okay, not a big difference from the new one.)

     It does not change.  But you may need to change it to get
logicals, paths etc defined (cron is bad about those).  So we leave it
alone.

 > 2) Doesn't provide an obvious way to rerun for different architectures.
 > After doing SUL, I reran install.pl on our SOL host, but it picked up the
 > SUL settings for FDEFAULTS, CCOPTS, etc.

     It asks for the architecture in one of the earliest windows - you
may have to force SOL since it is likely to assume SUL.  When
restarting on a new architecture, you may have to force it to go
through the windows over again - but the tools for all that are
there.

 > 3) Our master host is a SUL machine. I'd like to run the MNJ for SOL
 > systems off the SUL system, instead of hitting NRAO's servers twice. In
 > the past, Pat Murphy gave me this recipe:
 >
 > % cat ~/31DEC01/SOL/SYSTEM/UPDCONFIG
 > # Modified to do SOL off SUL on ella. SC 20000424, as per Pat Murphy.
 > ServerName=ella
 > MasterName=ella
 > MasterRoot=/home/space1/aips
 > ServerRoot=/home/space1/aips
 > MasterArch=SUL
 > UpdClient=YES
 > UpdDoRemove=NO
 > UpdDoCopy=NO
 > UpdDoNFS=YES
 > ClientName=monk
 > MailList=aips
 > ErrorList=aips,aipsmgr at nrao.edu
 > # Added ssh -1 option re Pat Murphy for OpenSSH. SC 20011115
 > sshcmd="ssh -1 -C -q -a -x -i /home/space1/aips/.ssh/mnj"
 >
 > The sshcmd should no longer be required - I'm hoping the rest will still
 > work... let me know if there are suggested changes.
 >
 > Thanks for your help, and again, install.pl is a great improvement over
 > the past methods, even for the veteran installer (5 and counting) - it is
 > much appreciated!

It should work - the subsidiary MNJs did not change from the last
revisions, just the way in which the files are fetched from
mnj.aoc.nrao.edu.

Eric