[daip] XAS on rh71/gnome/sawfish

Mac mac.quasar at verizon.net
Sat Sep 29 23:55:06 EDT 2001

Hi,  I have 15OCT99 AIPS installed on my home computer and it has been
working fine since I installed it, but I just upgraded to Redhat 7.1 Linux
and switched from TWM using standard X-windows to sawfish under Gnome,
and now the TV does not come up.  Here are the error messages.  Any idea
how to fix it?

Thanks, Ed Colbert

START_AIPS: You seem to be at a workstation called quasar
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TV servers on quasar asynchronously
TVDEVS.SH:  - with Internet Sockets...
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TPMON daemons on QUASAR asynchronously...
Starting up 15OCT99 AIPS with normal priority
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 15OCT99) at priority =   0
AIPS 1: You are assigned TV device/server   1
AIPS 1: You are assigned graphics device/server   1
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?XASERVERS: Start TV LOCK daemon TVSERV on quasar
TVSERVER: Starting AIPS TV locking, Inet domain
XASERVERS: Start XAS on quasar, DISPLAY :0.0
XAS: **  No TrueColor found
XAS: **  Resorting to PseudoColor
XAS: No pseudocolor visual - No suitable visual: No such file or directory
XASERVERS: Start graphics server TEKSRV on quasar, DISPLAY :0.0
XASERVERS: Start message server MSGSRV on quasar, DISPLAY :0.0
STARTPMON: [QUASAR] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED

AIPS 1: Enter user ID number