[daip] [forwarded from Shinji Horiuchi] FITLD errors

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Oct 31 16:32:59 EST 2001

Hello,

FITLD can not load the data if the product pol * IF * chans >4096.
You have this product as large as 16384.

The limit 4096 works fine if the data are correlated at the VLBA correlator
because the number of channel should be less 1024 at this case.

I can recomend you the two ways yo get around the problem.
At both ways you need to create the private version of FITLD.
I need to speak with other (better) AIPS people to say you whether we can
modify the system version of FITLD

The way number 1.

Inside of the FITLD (just at the beginning) change the card:

      PARAMETER (LMXCIF=4096)

      PARAMETER (LMXCIF=16384)

The possible problems on this way:
It is quite possible that other AIPS tasks will not work with such a huge
product.

The way number 2.

Inside of the subroutine GET3DT (of FITLD comment the following cards

      IF (NUMWT.GT.LMXCIF) THEN
         WRITE (MSGTXT,1000) NUMWT
         IERR = 1
         GO TO 990
         END IF

In this case you should repeat FITLD 4 times selecting half of the
frequency channels and one IF or quarters of the frequency channels and
both IFs.

The possible problems on this way:
It is quite possible that FITLD still will not work but if it does, then
there will not be a problem with other AIPS tasks.

Leonia

Let me know if you do not know how to create a private version of an AIPS task

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------