[daip] Exclusive Offer from Direct-Ties.Com

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Mon Oct 22 10:04:59 EDT 2001

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 07:58:42 -0600 (MDT), Leonia Kogan <lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu> said:

> ----------

> I want to unsuscribe this. Do you agree or somebody of us has
> unsubsribed already?

You should never, ever try to "unsub" from a spam list.  Even if they
honor your request, they'll just sell your address ("look guys, this one's
live!!!!") to hundreds of other spammers.

I've already taken steps to get the account and web site nuked, via a
complaint to the people upstream of the IP address on which the web site
is hosted (UUNET-UK).

As the message came in directly to daip at cv3.cv.nrao.edu, our usual filter
that blocks 95% of other routine spam didn't work.  We could put a more
specific filter in that would catch "direct-ties.com" but they're either
already history or will be real soon now.

				- Pat