[daip] Greenhill-triggered IMAGR problem.

Lincoln Greenhill lincoln at play.harvard.edu
Wed Oct 17 19:18:31 EDT 2001

Hi Eric,

The CLMPAC error just occurred again, so I have documented it completely
before moving on - the necessary information is available via anon-ftp
on rgalp6.harvard.edu    pub/nrao :

-rw-r--r--   1 lincoln  system       1483 Oct 17 BG118A.BOX
-rw-r--r--   1 lincoln  other    15393600 Oct 17 IMAGR.PROBLEM
-rw-r--r--   1 lincoln  other       13101 Oct 17 IMAGR.PROBLEM.DOCUMENTATION

The middle file is the FITS data.  The last file is a set of IMAGR
messages
that demonstrate the problem, and the inputs to IMAGR.

I note that the problem seems tied to use of TELL.  When I change FLUX
w/ TELL, CLMPAC warnings occur.  In contrast, when I change NITER with
TELL, I am able to end the IMAGR jobs gracefully.  I do not know if the
maps recovered in this way (i.e., changing NITER after CLMPAC warnings
occur) are at all suspect.

Good luck figuring this out.  It is not urgent. I can control my urge
to communicate (monkey) with IMAGR while it is running.

Regards,

L.

IMAGR.PROBLEM.DOCUMENTATION

Lincoln J. Greenhill      Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics
Radio & Geoastronomy Division, 60 Garden St, Cambridge, MA 02138, USA
Telephone:  1 617-495-7194             FAX:  1 617-495-7345
Internet:  greenhill at cfa.harvard.edu   http://cfa-www.harvard.edu/~lincoln