[daip] TVFLG not working

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Fri Oct 12 15:54:50 EDT 2001

Grant Denn writes:

 > TVFLG is hanging up on every dataset
 > we've tested (which work on our other machine)
 > Are there any diagnostic tools I can use
 > to sniff out the problem?  Other TV tasks work fine.
 >
 > Running RH 7.1/ 31DEC01.

You did not read our home www page:

    http://www.cv.nrao.edu/aips

on which is discussed the problemof the compiler(s) shipped with
RedHat 7.1.  They produce non-working code when one tries to compile
with optimization (and one would not want to run AIPS without
optimization).  You need to install the 2.95.3 comipler, change the
AIPS files in $SYSLOCAL FDEFAULT.SH, CCOPTS,SK, and LDOPTS.SH to point
at the working compiler.  Then follow the instructions on the
gcc296.shtml page pointed at from the main page.  Note that this www
page tells you how to install the compiler too.

It is very important NOT to put the 2.95.3 compiler in /usr/bin (et
al) since the operating system depends on the compiler that is already
there.

ERic Greisen