[daip] CLCOR SU table update problem (?)

Lincoln Greenhill lincoln at play.harvard.edu
Thu Oct 11 09:43:23 EDT 2001

Hi Leonia,

Your test of coordinate transforms with TSPOS and SCHED are interesting.

My code gives the following results, which differ by on the order of
20 mas from yours:

 J2000                                  14:28:32.6600   42:40:20.6000
 2001 doy185 20:54:45 w/ GR correction
 LJG                                    14 28 36.1099   42 40 16.2532
 TSPOS                                  14:28:36.1109   42:40:16.2703

You comparison to SCHED is difficult for me to interpret.  I do not know
the accuracy of SCHED's coordinate transforms.  In principle, a
VLBI scheduling program does not need particularly high precision
routines.

I am also not familiar with TSPOS (which is not in our AIPS installation)
so here to I cannot interpret the results, especially your description of
what you did with APARM(9).  Perhaps SCHED and TSPOS use similar NRAO
code, so the test runs you performed are not really independent?

I have tried to use the USNO NOVAS package to obtain an independent third
opinion as to the apparent coordinates but it gives a segmentation fault
on workstations here.

I presume the VLBA correlator has essentially perfect routines. Can the
results of that code be compared to what you and I have calculated?

Regards,

Lincoln