[daip] Solaris/Linux AIPS directories

Edward Colbert colbert at pha.jhu.edu
Mon Oct 8 01:43:57 EDT 2001

Hi,

I have been using Solaris machines at work to reduce all my AIPS data and
have always preserved the AIPS directories themselves when moving from
one machine to another.  The reason for this instead of writing to FITS
and loading them back in is because the table attachments, especially the
PL files, are unaltered.  Then, if I find a paper plot I need to re-print,
or if I need to know the BLC/TRC used for a plot, etc. I can easily do so.
Being able to do these things are very important to me.

I now have a new Linux machine and the floats are stored in different way
so the Solaris AIPS directories will not work anymore.  Do you by chance
have a utility that will convert an AIPS directory from little to big Endian
and vice versa?

Thanks
Ed Colbert