[daip] sum of gridding weights ...

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Sat Oct 6 17:23:08 EDT 2001

R. Niruj Mohan writes:

 > What are the possible reasons why the 'sum of gridding weights' given by
 > IMAGR for two uv files (with similar number of visibility points and with
 > same imaging parameters and silimar uv-coverage) be different by an order
 > of magnitude ?

The sum of the gridding weights includes the data weights, the uniform
weighting and taper and such like, and the gridding function itself.
In other words, it is the peak value found in the beam image before
rescaling.  Given the similarity you cite, I am suprised that the sum
would differ by an order of magnitude.  IMAGR is very complex with
many options so perhaps they were not all the same.  Furthermore, the
data weights themselves depend on the system temperaures and how you
chose to load and calibrate the data.

Without a lot more information I can only give this vague general
answer to your vague general question.