[daip] Tape question

Leonia Kogan lkogan at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Oct 3 13:03:11 EDT 2001

----- Begin Included Message -----

>From r.ryans at qub.ac.uk Wed Oct  3 10:58 MDT 2001
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 17:58:19 +0100
Subject: Re: [daip] Tape question
From: Robert Ryans <r.ryans at qub.ac.uk>
To: Leonia Kogan <lkogan at zia.aoc.NRAO.EDU>

I've checked all the tape parameters, and they seem sane enough. I even
tried on a few different machines, same error. I think this is some obscure
Linux tape driver problem, and it's not really worth digging into. We only
have one user here running AIPS, and they can already use other programs to
read/write FITS files, and use Disk Fits in AIPS, so it's not like they
can't get their work done. I have 20+ other users to deal with, and three
ferrets demanding attention, so in the absence of a obvious "you idiot,
you're doing x" solution, I'm going to let this one slide.

Thanks for the suggestions

Robert

----- End Included Message -----