[daip] XAS on rh71/gnome/sawfish

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Mon Oct 1 12:17:34 EDT 2001

On Sat, 29 Sep 2001 23:55:06 -0400, "Ed Colbert" <mac.quasar at verizon.net>
    said:

> Hi,  I have 15OCT99 AIPS installed on my home computer and it has been
> working fine since I installed it, but I just upgraded to Redhat 7.1 Linux
> and switched from TWM using standard X-windows to sawfish under Gnome,
> and now the TV does not come up.  Here are the error messages.  Any idea
> how to fix it?

Hi Ed.  Your upgrade to 7.1 most likely involved a switch from XFree86
version 3 to version 4.  There's a new config file for that,
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4 that you may need to edit as you probably did for
the older version.

The problem is this, most likely:

   http://www.cv.nrao.edu/aips/aipsmgr/index.html#16bits

HTH.  You may also want to consider getting 31DEC01.

				- Pat
                                  (running 7.1 on desktop at work, and
                                  laptop at home now; also using gnome,
                                  but with windowmaker).