[daip] installing aips

Pedro Montero montero at sissa.it
Fri Nov 30 11:10:29 EST 2001

I have installed AIPS on a LINUX PC and it seemed it was installed ok but
when a try to run it gives me the error bellow ( I have previously send
the file for the registration). I would be very grateful if you could help
me on this.

Thanks.
Pedro Montero.

START_AIPS: I am GUESSING you are at a workstation called
TVDEVS.SH: Checking if  is reachable via ssh...
TVDEVS.SH: Cannot start remote TV servers on , sorry!
TVDEVS.SH: remote command gave this error:
ssh: echo: Name or service not known
TVDEVS.SH: check your secure shell setup, in particular
TVDEVS.SH: whether you have a passphrase enabled.  You may
TVDEVS.SH: wish to try 'ssh -v  pwd' to see
TVDEVS.SH: what the problem is.
TVDEVS.SH: Starting TPMON daemons on RIGEL asynchronously...
Starting up 31DEC01 AIPS with normal priority
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
ZDCHI1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:SPD000000;
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
ZDCHI1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
Begin the one true AIPS number 1 (release of 31DEC01) at priority =   0
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:SPD000000;
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
 ZDCHIN: COULD NOT READ PARAMETER FILE
 ZDCHIN: (USING MINIMUM SYSTEM CONFIGURATION)
AIPS 1: You are NOT assigned a TV device or server
AIPS 1: You are NOT assigned a graphics device or server
 ZMSGER: ON FILE DA01:MSD001000.001;
 ZMSGER: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
MSGWRT ERROR      6 AT OPEN
AIPS 1: Enter user ID number
?STARTPMON: [RIGEL] Starting TPMON1 with output SUPPRESSED
ZVTPO3: tcp/aipsmt0 is not a service
ZVTPO3: check /etc/services or NIS map!