[daip] aips_gripe

Lincoln Greenhill lincoln at rglinux2.harvard.edu
Fri Nov 9 19:29:44 EST 2001

{09-NOV-2001 19:25:28}
{rglinux2     rglinux2}
{   24  31DEC01  LINX}
{lincoln greenhill}
{CfA}
{617 495 7194}
{Installment #3 after a long week.  I do apologize for cluttering your mail.
 COMB does in fact behave the way I feared.  For MEAN, the two maps are
 multiplied by normalized coefs (aparm(1) & aparm(2)). This normalization
 occurs in PCOMBN and is passed back to the program as well as being
 written out in a msg.  This behavior is understandable given the name of
 the opcode.

 I would like to ask that COMB permit me to add maps and if one is blank
 use values from the other.  This would be the same as using MEAN with
 aparm(1) & aparm(2)=1 but with no normalization.  Perhaps a new aparm
 will make this possible.

 doubly sorry.
  }
{COMB installment #3. Long week.  Second mail was wrong. New COMB aparm request.}
{greenhill at cfa.harvard.edu}
{ }