[daip] flakiness on kochab

Patrick P Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Fri Nov 2 09:53:44 EST 2001

As a precaution, I'm starting to copy crucial files (aipssrc, the master
repository) from kochab to lemur.  We're having some mountd problems on
the former, and I'd as soon have this stuff on a newer disk and a somewhat
less ancient piece of hardware...

Please don't do any chkouts or putbcks for a bit.  Thanks.

				- Pat

PS. this is fallout from the sirius disk failure yesterday; we had to
    reboot almost everything -- in the right order -- and the mountd on
    kochab is stopping its work every so often and needs manually killed
    and restarted.  Dave isn't in yet (he was here till about midnight
    last night overseeing the restoration of the sirius disk) and until he
    is, we're not going to be able to diagnose this mountd issue.