[daip] problems

Patrick P. Murphy pmurphy at NRAO.EDU
Tue May 15 16:10:20 EDT 2001

On Tue, 15 May 2001 20:41:51 +0100 (WEST), Nectaria Gizani
   <ngizani at oal.ul.pt> said:

> I have registered my DEC01 version of AIPS, and I was sent an email to

> RUN SETPAR

> with some numbers.

> 1) I have found RUN in /usr/local/aips/31DEC01/SYSTEM/UNIX/

> however I have no SETPAR in any directory

Yes you do.  Don't worry about it, and just let the RUN script figure out
where.  It looks in the right place (which happens to be
/usr/local/aips/31DEC01/$ARCH/LOAD/SETPAR.EXE, where $ARCH expands to your
architecture, e.g. LINUX).

> What should I do?

Do this from a shell prompt (I illustrate it with "bash$" as the prompt):

    bash$ . /usr/local/aips/LOGIN.SH
    bash$ RUN SETPAR

and follow the instructions you got.  The LOGIN.SH modifies your PATH
variable so that you don't need to specify where the RUN script is, and
more.

				- Pat
--
  Patrick P. Murphy, Ph.D.                   Division Head, CV Computing, NRAO
  Home: http://www.chien-noir.com/      Work: http://www.cv.nrao.edu/~pmurphy/