[daip] PCCOR bug?

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Fri Mar 30 16:42:41 EST 2001

Hi all,

Amy and I have been troubleshooting her VLBAPCOR
script.  It looks like our problem is that
PCCOR threw in a random point in the SN table
for antenna 10 at the very end of the run,
even though there was no data for antenna 10 there.
Then, CLCAL with OPCODE 'CALP' managed not to
pass antenna 10 through, perhaps because there
was a single SN entry at a time when there was
no valid data for the antenna.

Here are the inputs on hayduke, for the PCCOR.

AIPS 1: PCCOR     Corrects phases using  PCAL tones data from PC table
AIPS 1: Adverbs         Values            Comments
AIPS 1: ----------------------------------------------------------------
AIPS 1: INNAME     'BU020B-CBAND'          Input UV file name (name)
AIPS 1: INCLASS    'FXPOL '                Input UV file name (class)
AIPS 1: INSEQ         1                    Input UV file name (seq. #)
AIPS 1: INDISK        3                    Input UV file disk unit #
AIPS 1: TIMERANG      0           4        Timerange of a calibrator
AIPS 1:               6           0         1-4 = start day,hr,min,sec
AIPS 1:               0           4         5-8 = end   day,hr,min,sec
AIPS 1:               9           0        Has to be specified!!!
AIPS 1: SNVER         0                    Output SN table, 0=>new table
AIPS 1: INVER         0                    Input  PC table, 0=>last one
AIPS 1: REFANT        1                    Ref. antenna, 0=>the first
AIPS 1: SUBARRAY      0                    Subarray;  0 => all.
AIPS 1: FREQID       -1                    Freq. ID to select; 0 => 1.
AIPS 1: CALSOUR    'J0927+3902      '      Calibrator source name;
AIPS 1:            *rest ' '               blank => any
AIPS 1: CUTOFF        0                    Cable correction:
AIPS 1:                                    1 => switch off
AIPS 1:                                    0 => switch on
AIPS 1: BIF           0                    Lowest IF number 0=>1
AIPS 1: EIF           0                    Highest IF number 0=>NIF
AIPS 1:                                    Use BIF=EIF=0 except for
AIPS 1:                                    special cases (see help)
AIPS 1: DELCORR       0                    1 => zero MBDELY.
AIPS 1:                                    Use zero always except for
AIPS 1:                                    special cases (see help)

>go pccor
PCCOR1: Task PCCOR  (release of 31DEC01) begins
PCCOR1: Writing to SN table   3
PCCOR1: Antenna 10 is not corrected: no PCAL  at the selected scan
PCCOR1: Antenna10 is not corrected: baseline10- 1 absent at the scan
AIPS 1: Resumes
>PCCOR1: Appears to have ended successfully
PCCOR1: hayduke      31DEC01 TST: Cpu=       3.0  Real=       3
 Note: IEEE floating-point exception traps enabled:
    overflow;  division by zero;  invalid operation;
 Nonstandard floating-point mode enabled
 See the Numerical Computation Guide, ieee_handler(3M), ieee_sun(3M)

SNPLT then thinks it plotted 75 points for antenna 10, even though
there's only one on the TV.  But this is the number of points that
were in the original PC table, even though there shouldn't be
anything in the SN table.  All 75 of those points show up if I
run SNPLT with inext='PC'.

tget snplt
>go snplt
SNPLT1: Task SNPLT  (release of 31DEC01) begins
SNPLT1: PLTSN:       96 points plotted
SNPLT1: PLTSN:      108 points plotted
SNPLT1: PLTSN:      105 points plotted
SNPLT1: PLTSN:      109 points plotted
SNPLT1: PLTSN:      104 points plotted
SNPLT1: PLTSN:       94 points plotted
SNPLT1: PLTSN:      105 points plotted
SNPLT1: PLTSN:      109 points plotted
SNPLT1: PLTSN:       91 points plotted
SNPLT1: PLTSN:       75 points plotted
AIPS 1: Resumes
>SNPLT1: Appears to have ended successfully
SNPLT1: hayduke      31DEC01 TST: Cpu=       0.4  Real=       0

ju