[daip] Distribution Reporting

Jim Ulvestad julvesta at aoc.nrao.edu
Wed Mar 28 19:05:00 EST 2001

Ernest Allen wrote:

> This is what a full report looks like, I've added comments under each section on how
> info is compiled.

Hi all,

I don't think we need to spend time compiling statistics on what
countries
get AIPS; that isn't reported anywhere that I'm aware of.

I think the same about the registrations, since the registrants are only
a small fraction of the people who get AIPS.

I do, however, think we should continue the statistics of the flavor of
operating system/machine for which people fetch AIPS, and the medium
(ftp, CD-ROM, ...) that they use.  This seems important for tracking
trends and the directions we should be going.

jim