[daip] Socorro tape drive problem

Michael Rupen mrupen at aoc.nrao.edu
Mon Mar 12 14:48:10 EST 2001

Dear DAIP,
  I'm not sure whether this should go to you or to the local sysadmins.
I'm trying to load some data in on ute's exabyte drive.  Although I can
mount & dismount with ease, actual access -- even REWIND -- fails with
the following message:

  AIPS 1: ZERROR: ON FILE DA00:TPD001001;
  AIPS 1: ZERROR: IN ZDAOPN ERRNO = 13 (Permission denied)
  AIPS 1: TAPIO: ERROR   6 OPENING FILE
  AIPS 1: INVALID TAPE

As is my custom, I am logged in as myself (mrupen).  I've tried killing the
TPMONs and re-starting them, both as aips and as mrupen; neither works.
The DAT drive seems to be fine.

  For now I will just use another tape drive, but this should probably be
fixed before Tom Troland takes over the machine tomorrow...

        Michael