[daip] Strange error

Kevin Marvel marvel at aas.org
Thu Jun 21 13:00:05 EDT 2001

Pat,

I managed to get everything up and working (thought the
MNJ setup choked and I will work on it tonight to find out
why).

I do however get the following error when starting a tape
job (like fitld), though the job proceeds normally.  Any hints?

I am not a linux guru, so it is likely it is some error in the way
I set up the devices or permissions or something.

ERROR  3 ON UNIT TTDEV01         , GETTING HOST/SERVICE BY NAME
ZMSGOP: ZTTOPN RETURNS ERROR =   1 FOR LUN =   6

Kev.

| Kevin B. Marvel, Ph.D.            Phone : W(202) 328-2010    |
| Associate Exec. Officer                 : H(703) 660-9158    |
| American Astronomical Society     Fax   :  (202) 234-2560    |
| 2000 Florida Ave. N.W., Suite 400 e-mail: marvel at aas.org     |
| Washington, D.C. 20009            WWW   : www.aas.org/marvel |
| Bills passed by a simple majority will be run through The    |
| Gauntlet Of Warriors, a hard-core third house of Congress    |
| where proposed legislation must survive not only a floor vote|
| but a vicious beating with spiked clubs. - The Onion 3-7-01  |