[daip] help!

David_Moffett at furman.edu David_Moffett at furman.edu
Fri Jun 15 12:50:31 EDT 2001

... need help with INSTEP1

error message:

INSTEP1: Very well, but please remember to do it soon!
INSTEP1: Attempting to compile and link the AIPS 'PP' preprocessor...
cp: cannot access /AIPS/31DEC01/APL/DEV/UNIX/ZTRLOG.C
gcc: ztrlog.c: No such file or directory
gcc: No input files
INSTEP1: /usr/local/bin/gcc -c ztrlog.c failed.  Please investigate.
INSTEP1: procedure stopping.
INSTEP1: *******************************************************

what to do?

We're attempting to install 31DEC01.  So far I've had to edit the
INSTEP1 file to start install of 31DEC01 (it originally wanted 31DEC00).
Other than that, we are using a g77 and gcc compiler on a Sun Ultra 10.
Also, INSTEP1's attempt to ftp/download the binaries failed (didn't find
them - why is that?).

I noticed that there is a ZTRLOG.FOR program in directory
/AIPS/31DEC01/APL/DEV/,
is that what INSTEP1 is looking for?

thanks,

David Moffett