[daip] forwarded message from Eric Greisen

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon Jun 11 15:32:37 EDT 2001

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------
From: Eric Greisen <egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu>
To: "Wing, Nickolaus" <Nickolaus.Wing at trinity.edu>
Subject: RE: [daip] Need help moving data to new system.
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 13:30:47 -0600

I think I know what is going on with FITAB:

A fix to 31DEC00, issued as a patch to 15OCT99
10645.  July 31, 2000              FITAB                    Eric
        Found an egregious error.  the data were opened under LUN 16
        and then TABSRT could be called.  This uses LUNs 16-25 and
        routines under it did not care if the LUN was already open in
        the FTAB, they just kept going.  Thus, if one were writing UV
        data with > 1 piece, the sorting of tables to time order (if
        needed) would destroy the initial part of the input UV data
        set.  Why has this not been reported - does no one use FITAB?
        Moved nowhere, lots more to come - should go to patch.

I fear that the first part of your data have been written upon - use
PRTUV to find out if this is the case.  It should be possible to copy
the data beginning wherever the good part starts (it was very near the
beginning when this bug was found).  If you can't find anything to
copy the data I will provide a simple program....

I wish people would only use current versions....

Eric Greisen