[daip] Need help moving data to new system.

Wing, Nickolaus Nickolaus.Wing at Trinity.Edu
Thu Jun 7 17:22:43 EDT 2001

We're in the process of upgrading to a new PC/LINUX system from SUN/SOLARIS
systems.  We've got AIPS running just fine on the new system, but we need to
import data onto the new machine's drive.  We've only run a few basic tasks
on it thus far like vplot and indexr, but we can't really start from scratch
because the new system doesn't have access to an exabyte tape drive.

How would we go about getting this data to the new machine?

We tried to do a FITTP to file so that we could ftp it, but it is over 3.5
gigs, and we're hitting a 2gig single-file-size limit. We tried to split it
in two by dividing it into two time period sets using UVCOP, but when we
FITTP the partial data sets it ends up trying to write the whole thing, and
hits the 2gig ceiling.

Please let me know how we should go about this.

Thanks,

Nickolaus Wing
Working under David H. Hough
Trinity University