[daip] aips_gripe

Cormac Reynolds reynolds at jive.nl
Wed Jun 6 08:19:52 EDT 2001

{06-JUN-2001 14:08:52}
{juw23        UN-REGISTERED!!!!!!!}
{ 1003  31DEC01  SOL}
{Cormac Reynolds}
{JIVE, Postbus 2, 7990 AA Dwingeloo, The Netherla}
{+31 (0)521 59651}
{snsmo appears to have a bug. When I run calib with cparm(2)=1 to normalise
 the gain factors to have an overall value of 1, the output SN table is
 normalised as requested. However, when I then snsmo this table the output
 SN from snsmo is no longer normalised - the values are returned to what CALIB
 would have given had it been run with cparm(2)=0. A closer look at the output
 SN from CALIB shows that there is a value in the table header called MGMOD,
 which is set to the value required to normalise the values in the SN table.
 However, the output table from SNSMO has MGMOD ~ 1.0, instead of the required
 normalisation factor. My guess is that the value of MGMOD is not being copied
 properly by SNSMO and so the gain normalisation is lost. I know there are other
 tasks for editing SN tables, but I would really like to be able to do it in
 a non-interactive way.
  }
{Bug in SNSMO.}
{reynolds at jive.nl}