No subject

Kevin Marvel marvel at supernova.aas.org
Tue Jul 24 21:40:17 EDT 2001

Subject: aips_gripe

{24-JUL-2001 20:11:40}
{kevin        KEVIN}
{ 1550  31DEC01  LINX}
{Kevin B. Marvel}
{marvel at aas.org}
{202-328-2010}
{I am attempting to use SPFLG to edit spectral line VLBI data and have
 encountered an error, which is not easily characterized.
 The data is a simple data set with R and L polarizations, 256 spectral
 channels, 6 second integrations.  There are four timeranges of data,
 split by a day break.  All other calibration steps and tasks I normally
 perform/use (SETJY, BPASS, CVEL, FXPOL, POSSM, FRING, VPLOT) appear to work
 just fine.  When I run SPFLG on the dataset with very default parameters,
 no data selection, no control parameters set etc., just STOKES='I'
 and FLAGVER = 1, SPFLG appears to create a grid file correctly but
 when it displays the data on the TV, it shows only one integration period
 in grayscale (per baseline, always the same time) but does not display the
 rest of the data in grayscale although a fraction of it is "seen" by running
 the cursor over the data in flag pixel mode.
 I am unsure how to characterize this further as no error messages appear.
 I am running RedHat 7.1.  All other tasks appear to work fine.
  }
{SPFLG Doesn't display all data for simple VLBA spectral line dataset.}
{marvel at aas.org}
{ }

--f6OKJZ619415.996005975/kevin.marvelhome--