[daip] Error during installation of AIPS

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Mon Jul 16 10:57:44 EDT 2001

I am afraid that AIPS has assumed the SUN Solaris compilers - for good
reason since the code runs at least 50% faster when they are used.
The GNU 2.95.2 compilers will work however but they do not take all of
the same options.  Unfortunately, I am not able to tell you what
options they do take.  The files you will need to edit are

$YSERV/XAS/Makefile

$TST/$ARCH/SYSTEM/$SITE/FDEFAULT.SH
$TST/$ARCH/SYSTEM/$SITE/LDOPTS.SH
$TST/$ARCH/SYSTEM/$SITE/CCOPTS.SH

You may find the options used for Linux relevant since we use the GNU
g77 anmd gcc in that system, but I would not expect the options to be
identical to those needed for a Solaris computer.