[daip] Trouble with AIPS command line

Eric Tittley etittley at jca.umbc.edu
Tue Jul 3 16:40:58 EDT 2001

Hi,

The command line for AIPS is not accepting commands.

Example session:
AIPS 2:                          31DEC01 AIPS:
AIPS 2:      Copyright (C) 1995-2000 Associated Universities, Inc.
AIPS 2:            AIPS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY;
AIPS 2:                 for details, type HELP GNUGPL
AIPS 2: This is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
AIPS 2: under certain conditions; type EXPLAIN GNUGPL for details.
AIPS 2: Previous session command-line history *not* recovered.
AIPS 2: TAB-key completions enabled, type HELP READLINE for details.
>help readline
AIPS 2: SYMBOL?       HELP
>HELP READLINE
AIPS 2: SYMBOL?       HELP
>exit
AIPS 2: SYMBOL?       EXIT
>EXIT
AIPS 2: SYMBOL?       EXIT
>Exit
AIPS 2: SYMBOL?       EXIT
>[^C]AIPS 2: ZABORS: signal 2 received
AIPS 2: ABORT!

If I change ZSTARTUP in $AIPSROOT/31DEC01/SYSTEM/UNIX/AIPSEXEC
to ZSTRTB (the batch-file tool for AIPS), the command line
interface accepts the usual commands. But of course is not
fully functional.  That demonstrates that it isn't a problem
with the readline library or such.

I've installed the 31DEC01 version of AIPS (Jun 13).

Is this a problem with a known solution, or have I managed to
mess things up in a unique way?

Thanks,

Eric Tittley

--
Dr. Eric Tittley   Post Doctoral Research Associate
Joint Center for Astrophysics                  UMBC