[daip] 31DEC01 upgrade issue

SHAW JANET E jes at casasrv.colorado.edu
Mon Jul 2 13:56:15 EDT 2001

hi, i've recently installed AIPS 31DEC01. my aips users are having
trouble seeing datasets that were created with an earlier version
of AIPS (15OCT99). from the unix command line the  data files exist
and the data areas are visible from within AIPS. commands such
as free will list the available free space, etc. is there something
simple i am missing in the setup of the data areas that would cause
a problem of this sort? we are working in a solaris 2.8 environment.
is there any documentation that describes the process of setting up
the user data areas in detail - is aips looking for something that
may be missing because of the new version and 'pre-existing' aips
data areas? perhaps i've missed something? i'd be happy
to have you logon and take a look at the installation if that would
help.
thanks, janet

--
Janet Shaw                                  University of Colorado
Center for Astrophysics & Space Astronomy   Campus Box 389