[daip] sources marching westward (again)

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Thu Jan 25 11:21:19 EST 2001

Joan Wrobel writes:

 > You may recall fixing a UVMAP bug for me in October 1999
 > that entered TST=31DEC99 via the MNJ on 26 October 1999.

      Vaguely - the rcs recalls it in detail.

 > That UVMAP bug caused sources to march westward when the
 > JVAS proc was run for selfcalibrations.  The bug was that
 > UVMAP put any xshift into the header with the wrong sign.

      The JVAS proc isnothing the aips group knows anything about.
I was horrified to discover that anyone was using the primitive UVMAP
for a serious purpose.

 > Tracy recently used the same proc in NEW=31DEC00 and TST=31DEC01
 > and, again, sees sources marching westward.
 >
 > Is it possible that the 31DEC99 fix did not propagate forward
 > into 31DEC00 and 31DEC01?

No.  31DEC00 is a rename (only) of 31DEC99 and 31DEC01 has the change
in it (I just looked).

Do you have any knowledge that the shift is backwards in the header or
are you just noticing the sources moving?

Eric