[daip] Re: FREQID question

Eric Greisen egreisen at cv3.cv.nrao.edu
Tue Jan 23 12:13:51 EST 2001

Ketan Desai writes:

 > I'm certain that FITLD  has the ability to recombine the data in Mark's data
 > set into a single FREQID.  The way to do this is by using the FITLD options
 > mentioned by Mark.  I recall that the problem was always figuring out what
 > values to give them [and what units they were in].

I did not find anything like that and it does not make sense to me.
The fact is that the sources are at different frequencies and have to
be treated as such at some stages (at least labeling spectra).  Craig
and others told me that those parameters decide which data go in one
file and which in 2 or more.  The FQIDs can be renumbered but not
collapsed.

Eric