[daip] IMAGR problems

Colleen Schwartz colleen at condor.physics.ucsb.edu
Fri Jan 12 14:33:16 EST 2001

Hi,
We're having trouble with IMAGR runs.  We have recently switched over to
the 31DEC99 version of AIPS from the 15OCT99 version, and then IMAGR runs
I've been doing for the past few months stopped working - the output from
IMAGR is at the end of this e-mail.  I've tried both new IMAGR runs and
re-running old ones, and we always get this error.  All of our
calibrations were done with the 15OCT99 version of AIPS.

We tried using in the patches QCLEAN.FOR and QUVUTIL.FOR, thinking this
might fix the problem, and then we upgraded to the 31DEC00 version of AIPS
and again tried to use the patches, and both times the patches failed to
compile.  We're not sure if this is a compiler error on our end (using f77
and cc), but we've gone back to the 31DEC99 version now.  Have you heard
of this happening? Any ideas why IMAGR isn't working?

Thanks,
Colleen Schwartz
colleen at condor.physics.ucsb.edu

IMAGR output:
egret.> IMAGR1: FNDPOL: Stokes I computed assuming V=0
egret.> IMAGR1: FNDPOL: Stokes I computed assuming V=0
egret.> IMAGR1: FNDPOL: Stokes I computed assuming V=0
egret.> IMAGR1: Create W49N CALIB 1.IMAGR .   1 (UV)  on disk  3  cno   13
egret.> IMAGR1: Beginning channel  232 through  232 with  1 IFs
egret.> IMAGR1: FNDPOL: Stokes I computed assuming V=0
egret.> IMAGR1: IMACPY: Copied   101858 visibilities to be imaged
egret.> IMAGR1: OUNFWT: Sorting data to make them fit
egret.> IMAGR1: UVWAIT: begin finding uniform weights
egret.> IMAGR1: UVWAIT ERROR   4 WRITING WEIGHT GRID
egret.> IMAGR1: UVWAIT: ERROR WEIGHTING UV DATA
egret.> IMAGR1: OUNFWT: ERROR IN UNIFORM WEIGHTING OF UVdata work object
egret.> IMAGR1: Deleting UV work file:
egret.> IMAGR1: Destroyed  1 extension files of type AN
egret.> IMAGR1: Destroyed  1 extension files of type FQ
egret.> IMAGR1: Destroyed UV image file: catno=     13 disk= 3
egret.> IMAGR1: Purports to die of UNNATURAL causes